What We Have
The Library has so much more than books! We have magazines and newspapers, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs, museum passes, computer software and games, online databases, Internet computers, Wi-Fi access, ebook readers and more. We have a separate Children’s Room and Young Adults section (grades 6-12). And on every level you’ll find friendly staff to help you.
At the end of fiscal year 2016, the library had:
- 63,200 print volumes
- 8,100 DVDs & Blu-ray discs
- 6,700 audiobooks and CDs
- 154 magazine & newspaper subscriptions
- Access to 2,500 downloadable audiobooks and 6,600 ebooks
Did you know that there are many ways you can use the library 24/7 from your home computer? Learn about Access from Home.
If you wish to recommend an item for purchase, please use our Suggest a Purchase form.
Here is a breakdown of our collections:
- Books for adults (fiction, mysteries, science fiction & fantasy, short stories, paperbacks, biographies, nonfiction, reference materials, large type books)
- Books for young adults (fiction, biographies, nonfiction, graphic novels)
- Books for children (picture books, easy readers, fiction, biographies, nonfiction, reference books)
- Newspapers and magazines for adults, young adults and children
- Audiobooks for adults, young adults, and children (CD and MP3 formats), including fiction, nonfiction, biographies and language instruction
- eBooks and downloadable audiobooks, including OverDrive.
- Music CDs for adults (rock, pop, classical, opera, jazz, country, folk, world, comedy)
- Music CDs for children
- DVDs and Blu-ray discs (feature films, foreign films, documentaries, biographies and instructional films) for adults and children
- Portable DVD and Blu-ray disc players
- Kindle and Nook ebook readers
- Museum Passes (art and science museums, historic sites, zoos, botanical gardens)
- Research databases (magazine and newspaper articles, plus information on art, literature, science, health, history, genealogy, business, current events, consumer reports and more)
- Software and computer games for adults and children
- Console games
- YA book group kits
- Groton Collection (books on the history of Groton, local genealogies, historical maps, archive and manuscript collections)
The Library floor plan will help you find these collections.